Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Path.

Hey- I have learned these things now, and I say them:


All things are connected to one another- from the smallest to the largest, and everything I do matters.  I am one small part of a whole- one limb of a great organism.  Acting as though I am not part of that great organism will lead to the collapse of that organism, and of myself as well.

Hey- I have come to a place of understanding, and I consecrate and concentrate my efforts now, that I may walk forward and learn what is good.

I undertake this, now!  I will walk doing this:


  1. Using sustainably-sourced, ethically packaged items in my life wherever possible. I undertake to surround myself with products that will not lie with my bones, but rather return to the earth.


  1. Recycling, reusing, re-purposing wherever possible. I undertake to preserve what is good by keeping what is good, good.


  1. Maintaining an awareness of the sanctity of all life through direct connection to the Earth and the living things that, like me, are a part of the great organism. I undertake to respect this world of which I am part in both action and word.


  1. Honoring diversity and all viewpoints, even those that are opposed to mine.  I undertake to honor even my enemies and those who harm me.


  1. Learning and growing without stagnation or self-deprecation.  I undertake to remember that I am small and limited, but capable of many great things with mindfulness. I undertake to remember that books are not the end of wisdom, or teachers the only font of it.


  1. Maintaining wonder and joy- and staying humble. I undertake to be small, and rejoice in it. I undertake to understand that experience and opinion is subjective- to each his own. I undertake to remember that I may be wrong in everything I say and do, but also to follow my heart and intuition and not be afraid to grow and adapt.

I undertake to work towards having the name “Yaundi”. May I persevere!

No comments:

Post a Comment